C.B.E is committed to:
- performing privacy impact assessments to protect the privacy and rights of its customers and employees
- protecting the confidentiality, integrity ,and availability of the information it collects, stores, transfers and processes per Taiwan law and international good practice, and to meet its legal requirements and contractual obligations
- explaining why it needs personal information, only asking for the personal information it needs and only sharing personal information within C.B.E and with other organizations as necessary or where the person concerned has given their consent
- allowing people to request access to the personal information it holds on them and to complain if they believe their information has been mishandled
- not keep personal information for longer than necessary
- taking measures to protect the rights and freedoms of individuals whose personal information may be transferred to countries with differing data protection laws
- ensuring that actual or suspected breaches of information security are reported and investigated
- assessing and measuring the maturity of its information security controls annually
- applying these standards to its supply chain and delivery partners.
We will provide adequate and appropriate resources to implement this policy and will ensure it is communicated and understood.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file placed on your device when you visit a webpage. A cookie may contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your login information or search terms you have entered on our website. A cookie may also collect technical data related to your browsing session such as IP address, browser size, type and language, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of visits to our website and the hyperlinks you visited.
What types of cookies does C.B.E use?
The specific names and types of the cookies we use may change from time to time. As a general matter, we use the following types of cookies on our websites:
- Required cookies are essential to enable core website functionality. These cookies enable the following features:
- Provide secure login
- Remember your login details and other preferences
- Get an online quote
- Configure a product
- Provide access to authorized content
- Allow us to analyze site usage so we can measure and improve performance
- Make sure the website looks consistent
- Advertising cookies are used by C.B.E and our advertising partners to deliver advertisements for C.B.E products and services that are relevant to you and your interests. These cookies enable the following features:
- Allow you to share pages with social networks
- Serve ads for C.B.E products and services related to your interests
By gathering and remembering information about your interactions with us online, these technologies allow us to provide you with a better web and marketing experience. Specifically, cookies enable C.B.E to do the following:
- Customize our website to your needs, likes and dislikes.
- Provide an automated login process as a convenience for previously registered customers, ensuring that you will be identified accurately and linked with your registration data.
- Remember information you enter on our website, such as search terms, key words, names of products, or your contact information, making it easier for you to enter the information on subsequent visits.
- Provide a better web experience by letting us monitor what is working on our website in different locations and what is not.
- Know which emails have been opened by recipients and which links are clicked by recipients so that we may more accurately report on and improve our marketing communications to you.
- Employ analytics tools to measure traffic and usage trends on our website and in response to marketing emails.
- Deliver advertisements for C.B.E products and services that are relevant to you and your interests.
C.B.E allows trusted third-party partners like Google and Adobe to employ cookies or other tracking technologies on our website. For example, we work with Google Adwords to manage C.B.E advertising. Google helps us collect information about your activities on our website to provide you targeted C.B.E advertising based upon your interests. We also use Adobe Analytics on our website to improve our website and/or detect errors. For this purpose, Adobe Analytics anonymously stores and analyzes various kinds of data, including the pages and links you have visited on our website, the time of the visit, and the type of browser you used. We may receive reports from these partners based on the information obtained through cookies, on an individual and aggregated basis. C.B.E does not provide any personal information that we collect to these third party partners.
C.B.E will review this global policy statement annually to reflect new legal and regulatory developments and ensure good practice.